LAND OF LINCOLN WORKFORCE INVESTMENT BOARD
Who We Are
The local Workforce Investment Board (LWIB) for the Land of Lincoln serves the counties of Cass, Christian, Logan, Menard and Sangamon. The five county workforce area is governed by a volunteer board responsible for overseeing workforce development initiatives in partnership with local elected officials. LWIB membership includes representatives from business and industry, education, community-based organizations, economic development agencies, public vocational rehabilitation and labor organizations. Membership on the Board requires that individuals have optimum policy-making authority in their organization.
The role of the WIB is to ensure that the local workforce investment system is market-driven and responsive in meeting the employment and training needs of employers and job seekers alike.
What We Do
- Serve as a point of contact for business, industry and the public sector to communicate workforce needs
- Provide a forum where private and public sector leaders jointly consider workforce investment needs of the region
- Promote strategies to encourage lifelong learning and improve workplace skills
- Assist in the development of new training programs to benefit the region’s workforce
- Offer advice regarding workforce policy and programs
- Coordinate with economic development efforts and activities to promote the region’s availability of qualified workers
- Promote cooperation and coordination among public organizations, education agencies, private businesses and other interested organizations.
- Review and approve local workforce plans for workforce programs to ensure coordination of services and achievement of goals